The Community Manager’s Guide For Using Twitter To Market Your Business

Just got hired to manage your company’s Twitter page? The role of a community manager is one that is increasing in number and importance, and many companies, small and large, are prioritizing social media in their marketing campaigns. While the job can be stressful and fast-paced, it also gives you the opportunity to shape a […]

Lees meer

The Greatest Social Network You’ve Never Heard Of

One of the most prominent complaints I hear against social media on a regular basis is that social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and the like actually cause you to be less social. They suck you into interacting with your friends on a superficial virtual basis rather than face to face. There are arguments for […]

Lees meer

Audience vs Community: Do You Know the Difference?

We had an amazing conversation with Allison Aldridge-Saur of Chickasaw Nation on Friday and I would encourage you to listen to it. Allison has been working on a fascinating project as part of the Digital Vision grant, writing a series on Native American Lessons for Community Building. In part two of her series, Allison discusses Audiences versus Communities. This struck me as one of the most important elements of the entire series. I’m not sure that too many marketers recognize … Continue reading

Econsultancy Training

Lees meer

After 5 Years Of Bootstrapping, Behance Nabs $6.5M From USV, Jeff Bezos, Dave Morin & More

Funding-announcement-imageAt the end of March, we covered Behance’s major site redesign, at which point we learned that the startup was launching over 20K new projects every week, with 1 million projects created to date, and its network had doubled over the last month, with 10 million visits to its network in the last 30 days.

Since its founding in 2006 and launch less than a year later, Behance, which, for those unfamiliar, is an online platform on which creative professionals can connect, showcase and discover creative work, has been a bootstrapped enterprise, Behance CEO Scott Belsky tells us. But, no longer. Today, the startup is announcing that it has raised its first round of outside funding, a $6.5 million round, led by Union Square Ventures, with noted investors like Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos (via Bezos Expeditions, his personal investment fund), Path Founder Dave Morin, Yves Behar, Chris Dixon, Dave Tisch, Dave McClure, Alexis Ohanian, and Garrett Camp.

Lees meer

Internet Forums: Increasing Reach through Multilingualization

A consistent theme across the Internet globally is cohesion between web users with similar interests. From online chat rooms to forums, the Internet has provided an ideal platform for connecting people anywhere globally with shared interests directly with one other. The growth of online communities and user-generated content has driven much of the expansion of […]

Lees meer

Internet Forums: Increasing Reach through Multilingualization

A consistent theme across the Internet globally is cohesion between web users with similar interests. From online chat rooms to forums, the Internet has provided an ideal platform for connecting people anywhere globally with shared interests directly with one other. The growth of online communities and user-generated content has driven much of the expansion of […]

Lees meer

25 Tips & Tricks to Help You Build Better Relationships With Your Fans

When it comes to community management, there’s no doubt size does matter. But size, without engagement, means nothing. So what tricks do we have in our bags to keep the fans interacting with us? The following is a compilation of methods that could help you improve your user engagement level: Work with your content 1. […]

Lees meer

The New Way To IPO

In my role at Jive Software, I’m responsible for the head-spinning job of doing social media marketing for the social business leader.  In other words, up until recently, my parents had no idea what I did for a living. But that all changed when I helped market Jive’s IPO. The core philosophy of our social […]

Lees meer